Monday, April 6, 2009

How to Get Home: Notes on having a mother moment.

When I lived in Milwaukee a friend's friend came into town and had asked to stay at my house. Her and her friend were more than welcome to come and stay with my roommate and I in our upper level of a house. They came to Milwaukee to attend a concert, they also were going to partake in some Psilocybe cyanescens. I wanted them to have fun and also make a safe return. I wasn't going to let a white, dread-locked mother and her friend go missing in Milwaukee on my watch. So, I made them bracelet tags with my address on them and lamented them with packaging tape so that all they had to do was find a taxi and show their wrists to the driver. I guess I could have just written my address on their arm with a marker instead of being a Maternal Mackenzie.
Whatever, I got crafty.
I was also soused a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment